Aquaculture Canada & Sea Farmers 2017 Call for PapersIntro Registration Call for Papers Program Tradeshow Sponsorship Social Events Student Affairs Accommodations
CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE MARCH 3rd
Contributed papers (oral or poster) are invited for presentation at Aquaculture Canada and Sea Farmers 2017. Any topic related to aquaculture will be considered.
All presenters are required to pay their own registration, accommodation and travel expenses.
Oral presentations are limited to 20 minutes, including a 3-minute question period. Presentations must be in PowerPoint® and only computers provided by the conference can be used. Due to time constraints not all papers submitted for oral presentation may be accepted; in such cases, presenters will be given the alternative option of poster presentation.
Poster board dimensions will be 90 cm wide (horizontal) x 100 cm high (vertical). Posters outside of these dimensions may be removed if blocking other posters. Poster presenters will be required to be in attendance with their poster during a designated poster session (TIME TO BE DETERMINED).
Abstract Guidelines for Contributed Papers (any submission that does not comply with these guidelines will be returned to author and/or rejected):
1. Title of Paper: Type the title in CAPITAL LETTERS in bold font style (scientific names should be upper/lower case and italicized). Leave a blank line.
2. Author(s): Type the name(s) of the author(s) with initial only of given name(s) followed by surname. Place an asterisk (*) after the name of the person presenting the paper and underline name in the case of a student who wishes to be considered for best oral or poster presentations. Use superscript numbers to indicate affiliation. Leave a blank line.
3. Affiliation/ Address: Following the appropriate superscript, type the author(s) address(es). Include company/institution, city, province/state, country (if not Canada) and postal/zip code. An email contact may be provided for the presenting author. Leave a blank line.
4. Maximum Length: Limit is 200 words
5. Spacing: Single spaced in one paragraph
6. Fonts and Margins Use 12 pt Times Roman font and set left/right margins to 2.5 cm on letter-sized paper (left justification).
7. Save in Microsoft Word format. Use your last name and initial as the file name (e.g. smith_a.doc).
8. Abstracts are to be sent directly via email to Joanne Burry, email@example.com
A. Student*1 and B. Someone2
1Centre for Aquaculture and Seafood Development, Marine Institute of Memorial University, P.O. Box 4920, St. John's, NL A1C 5R3
2Pacific Biological Station, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Nanaimo, BC V9R 5K6
An informative abstract contains a statement of the problem, study objectives, principal findings, and main conclusions.